Every day, countless staff, volunteers, partners, donors, and supporters pour their time, money, and hearts into our organization. Thanks to the tireless efforts of people like you, we have been able to help victims escape abuse and lead safe, fulfilling lives.
As a community, we need to work toward the day when no child or youth is abused. Child abuse is a community issue, and every instance of stopping and preventing it is a community success. Let’s strive for that success together.
Victim Support Advocate
The Victim Support Advocate will ensure that every family who connects with the CCAC receives support in a timely manner, for as long, and to the extent, the family determines is needed.
Victim Support Advocates are
required to complete a 3-month orientation.
Additionally, they must be committed to volunteering for a minimum of 1 year, 3 hours a week.
- Be a consistent and continual support to children, youth, and families by providing ongoing support and follow up throughout their entire process at the Centre even following court – a case is never closed!
- Provide information, support, and referrals to children, youth and families depending on their needs.
- Liaise with other victim services to ensure support is more accessible and available to children and their families from diverse areas.
- Provide information about the roles of each professional that they will engage with and refer the family to that professional for specific questions/concerns as they come up
The Child Space Volunteer helps to create a safe and welcoming environment for the children and families accessing the CCAC by providing support within the child space.
Child Space volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and be committed to volunteering 3 daytime hours on a weekly basis for a minimum of 1 year.
- Provide supervised play experiences in a warm and caring manner that is sensitive to each child and family’s current needs.
- Engage children in play within the Child Space to help them feel safe and comfortable
Event Volunteering is a great way for people to donate their time when they are unable to commit to a consistent volunteer schedule.
These volunteers are able to volunteer their time, even with limited availability and scheduling.
- Assist with planning, organization, and management of events
- Act as a representative for the CCAC by sharing information about the centre and collecting donations at various fundraising events as scheduled throughout the year.