Casual Family Support and Court Coordinator Support
POSITION: Casual Family Support and Court Coordinator Support
TERM: March 31, 2021
START DATE: Immediately
CLOSING DATE: Open until position filled; up to three positions may be filled with this posting
The Calgary Child Advocacy Centre (CAC) provides children and families experiencing child abuse access to investigative, intervention, treatment, and medical assessment services and follow up support. The Casual Family Support and Court Coordinator will help to ensure that every family who comes through the CCAC receives support, information and resources through the disclosure, and investigation processes. This casual position will be a support to the Victim Support team and will be a contract position until March 31, 2021. Specific number of days and hours will be determined by the needs of the team. There will be flexibility with the days requested to work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Family, caregiver, and victim contact: Provide children and families with accurate information on Victim’s rights, provide support and first contact to families and children attending the CCAC for the first time, provide emotional support to caregivers during their visit to the CCAC. There will be a focus on court support including providing updates on court and supporting families going through the court process.
- Ongoing support: Ensure that families are provided with ongoing emotional support, information, and resources after the initial contact has been completed
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team: Work closely with Calgary Police Service, RCMP, Children’s Services, Alberta Health Services, and Alberta Justice along with community agencies. The multidisciplinary team sets up appropriate supports for children and their families who have been impacted by child abuse; providing the team with updates through the court system as required.
- Administrative duties: Support documentation and data entry as required including court outcomes case management documentation.
Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Social Work or a related field
- A valid Driver’s License and vehicle are required
- Experience working directly with individuals and diverse communities dealing with issues of poverty, homelessness, addictions, mental health, domestic violence is an asset
- Knowledge or experience working in the justice system is considered an asset
- Understanding of court and police processes, and knowledge and understanding of court (JOIN) and police databases and information is considered an asset
- Previous work or volunteer experience in Victim Services is considered an asset
- Successful candidate will require an enhanced security check
- Interest and enthusiasm in working with children and families
- Commitment to the philosophy of the program, its objectives, and goals
- Ability to work effective both in a team and independently
- Able to accept direction and supervision in the application of skills and knowledge required
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Maturity, reliability, and punctuality
- Strong empathetic listening skills
What’s in it for you:
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- A great team and culture
- Career experience and learning
How to Apply:
If you feel that you are qualified for this position, please submit your resume to:
Calgary & Area Child Advocacy Centre
About the Child & Area Child Advocacy Centre:
The CCAC is a Calgary based not-for-profit organization. The CCAC works in collaboration with partner organizations to best serve children and families who are involved in the investigation and treatment of child abuse. The CCAC is a physical site, where more than 125 professionals deal with the criminal investigation, child protection, medical and psychosocial needs of children, youth and families impacted by child abuse and maltreatment. The focus of work at the CCAC is children and youth who have experienced sexual abuse and severe and complex physical abuse and neglect.
We thank you for your interest in this position, but only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.