Victim Support Coordinator (9 Month Term)
The CCAC is proud to be a leading cause-driven organization serving the Calgary & area community. Our dynamic team includes some of the best and brightest and we value the opportunity to do our best work every day. We are engaged in innovative and collaborative best practices that make a difference in lives affected by abuse. Rewarding and meaningful work happens here; come join us and help us make life changing impacts.
The Victim Support Coordinator role is focused on delivering victim support services to children, youth and families referred through the CCAC. The Victim Support Coordinator provides compassionate, informed and responsive services and support as children and families prepare for court proceedings. As a key role in supporting efforts to bring perpetrators to justice, this is a rewarding front line opportunity to be engaged in making a difference for children and families affected by abuse.
Education & Experience
• A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a criminal justice or human services environment is required
• An undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g. Social Work, Criminal Justice, Psychology) is required
• A combination of relevant work experience and education will be considered
Requirements and Qualifications
• Strong understanding of child abuse issues and knowledge of the impact of abuse on children, youth and families
• Experience and knowledge in the areas of court procedures, Criminal Code, Case Law, and Civil Law
• Trauma related experience and knowledge of stress management techniques and approaches
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in community services and agencies
• Experience in victim support is not required but is a definite asset
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills including the ability to work in a team environment with multiple partners and agencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to deliver presentations, public speaking
• Experience in the area of volunteer management and supervision
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to ensure healthy self care and navigate complex and difficult situations
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
• An Enhanced Security Clearance Check is required for this position
• Provide children and families who have been referred to the CAC knowledge, understanding, and support as they navigate the court process and prepare for court proceedings
• Collaborate with key representatives from partner organizations to deliver Victim Support services from time of referral to the CAC
• Participate in the development of training material and resource development
• Participate in the recruitment, training, supervision and support (including recognition) of CAC Victim Support Volunteers
• Monitor, track and evaluate service delivery and performance of volunteers
• Develop policy, procedures and protocols ensuring Best Practice guidelines are achieved
• Write grant applications and reports to funders as required
• Represent the CAC at community functions, professional gatherings and public forms as required
• Engage, collaborate and build trusting relationships with other Victim Support Services and community support groups throughout the Calgary and surrounding areas served by the CAC
What’s in it for you?
• Flexible schedule
• A competitive salary & benefit package
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• A great team and culture
• Career experience and learning
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, 9 Month Term
How to Apply:
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The CCAC is partnering with Salopek & Associates to recruit for this position. All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource consultants specializing in recruitment, human resources and board governance. We are available to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and put effective processes in place to grow your business.
This job ad is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.