Manager of Programs and Services
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Services, the Manager of Programs and Services is responsible for the development, management, evaluation of the day-to-day operations of the Calgary & Area Child Advocacy Centre (CCAC) programs. The Manager of Programs and Services will develop a strong understanding of the frontline operational practices of the partner agencies (Calgary Children’s Services, Calgary Police Service, RCMP, Alberta Health Services and the Crown Prosecutors Office); and work collaboratively with the five partner organizations to ensure the integrated delivery of programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the CCAC’s partner organizations: plans, implements, and evaluates the organization’s ongoing programs and services and special projects and ensures that they contribute to the organization’s mission.
- Builds on the current CCAC practice framework, data collection, trend analysis, and measures outcomes. Based on outcomes achieved, re-adjust practices where appropriate.
- Monitors the day-to-day delivery of the not-for-profit programs and services to maintain and continually improve quality (e.g., Child Life, Victim Support, Prenatal Outreach Support Team, and Evaluation).
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator and team leads for volunteer management and engagement.
- Builds a strong relationship with the partner organizations ensuring effective and consistent communication.
- Works closely with other community organizations to encourage/develop and share leading practices and develop collaborative/respectful relationships.
- Promotes the activities of the CCAC through presentations and involvement in community activities.
- Works collaboratively with regional not-for-profit agencies to develop strong and effective working relationships.
- Determines, in consultation with the Director, Programs and Services, staffing requirements, appointments and conducts evaluations and initiates promotions, terminations, or other disciplinary actions.
- Encourages staff to continually develop their knowledge of good business practices through training courses and seminars.
- Carries out annual review and regular check ins for team members.
- Provides leadership, coaches ad mentors staff, ad monitors work productivity and employee development.
- Ensures effective management, accountability, and stewardship of program budgets.
- Supports program grant applications and reporting. Working closely with the Director of Programs and Integrated Practice and the Evaluation Specialist to support program grant applications and reporting.
- Implements and monitors program evaluation.
- Leads the CCAC quarterly reports.
- Oversees the CCAC databases.
Projects and Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Act as a resource to the Director of Programs and Services for special projects.
- Attends frontline operations meetings and other partner team meetings as required.
Education, Qualifications and Skills Required:
- A minimum post-secondary degree in Social Work, Nursing or Social Sciences. An equivalent combination of experience, education and training may be considered.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- 3 years’ experience in a management role.
- Front-line experience working in the area of Child Abuse is considered an asset.
- Ability to effectively lead a team, facilitate program-solving, and conflict-resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively plan, lead multiple projects, and manage change.
- Ability to partner, build consensus and positively influence others.
- Excellent program development, project management and issues management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of community services and agencies providing relevant services.
- Knowledgeable of the procedures and processes around child protection, processes, recovery, and investigation preferred.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work effectively in a variety of settings and in a cross-cultural situation,
- Strong client service focus.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are qualified for this position, please submit your resume to:
Director of Administration
We thank you for your interest in the position, but only those candidates selected for an interview with be contacted.